It's baseball season again, and in Charlotte, that means the annual Knights Fest will be held at Knights Stadium in Fort Mill, S.C., from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday -- followed by a scrimmage between the Charlotte Knights and the Winston-Salem Dash.
Knights Fest and the exhibition game both are free and open to the public. (The Charlotte Knights are the Triple-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox.)
Event highlights include:
- National anthem auditions from 10-11 a.m.
- Fans can take batting practice on the field from 10:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Free hot dogs, hamburgers and soft drinks will be served at the Picnic Grill (on the third-base side) from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Knights players will sign autographs at 1:30 p.m.
- Stadium tours will be available throughout the day.