"Mummies of the World," the largest exhibition of real mummies and related artifacts ever assembled, is in its final weeks at Discovery Place.
To accommodate crowds and provide visitors and residents of Charlotte a final chance to see the exhibit before it continues its national tour, the science museum is extending hours for "Mummies" (which closes on April 8, Easter Sunday).
Beginning Saturday, March 31, Discovery Place hours will be:
- Saturday, March 31: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.;
- Sunday, April 1, 2012: Noon to 7 p.m.;
- Monday, April 2 through Wednesday, April 4: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.;
- Thursday, April 5 and Friday, April 6: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
- Saturday, April 7: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
- Sunday, April 8 (Easter Sunday): 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.