Prince hasn't had a new Top 40 hit in 15 years, yet it still feels like an enormous deal that the iconic pop musician who cranked out hits like "When Doves Cry" and "Kiss" during the 1980s and '90s has announced he will play six shows in the Carolinas over a 10-night period.
The 52-year-old "Purple Rain" star's "Welcome 2 America" tour will follow this schedule:
- Colonial Life Arena in Columbia, S.C., on March 21.
- RBC Center in Raleigh on March 23.
- Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte on March 24.
- Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro on March 26
- Bi-Lo Center in Greenville, S.C., on March 28
- North Charleston Coliseum in North Charleston, S.C., on March 30.